Friday, May 28, 2010

Glassing it up

I've been phasing out all my plastic storage stuff with glass. I started using glass water bottles last year and at first I was scared that I would break them, but so far so good.
I got these Glasslock containers recently and threw out my Rubbermade. I love them... they are dishwasher and microwave safe and can even go in the freezer. I end up usually re-heating leftovers in them and then eating straight from the container (I'm single, don't judge!)












Rice, pasta, breadcrumbs, pretzels all go in canning jars (mine aren't this good looking, I just use regular Ball canning jars)












These are great for juice and coffee. I used to make fresh coffee everyday with a french press, but now I make enough for 2-3 days and store it in the fridge.













And finally, I have fallen in love with baking soda as my all purpose cleaner. I bought a HUGE box of it which can be difficult to use. But it sprinkles very nicely out of a sugar shaker like this, and I can re-fill occasionally.




Do you have any great glass storage ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment