Monday, October 8, 2012

Dad came for a visit and was put to work

My dad flew down for a few days to help me with house stuff. Poor guy ended up spending most of the time on a ladder hanging and re-handing draperies and art. First up was the draperies. I have been obsessed with this pattern for years. I am so excited that I finally got to buy these curtains. My friend Summer has an amazing online store for pillows and curtains. I purchased them from her website www.etsy.com/shop/nenavon.


Next up was picture hanging. I have these four pictures that I had taken in Italy years ago. I hung them with the starburst mirror, but ultimately I would like to do a gallery wall above the sofa. For now, I am using what I have and saving $$.

My dad finally hung my quadrille mirror. So glad it's not still leaning against the wall, I can finally use it to check my hair before leaving the house:)

And lastly my dad convinced me to buy a TV! I had not owned a TV for three years and never really missed having one. Something switched in me after buying my home. I wanted to hang out in the living room, but there was no reason to. It needed an anchor, and it has become my new beloved TV. I am happy to say my evenings are now filled with all shows BravoTV. My dad would be less than proud:)

Thanks Dad for the great visit and help with the house, it's coming along!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! And I like the vintage chair and hutch...

    ReplyDelete