Monday, October 15, 2012

$2000 worth of love

 I had been looking for something to put behind my dining table. I wanted something tall because my ceilings are tall and of my furniture feels like it's all the same height. I came across this picture on Apartment Therapy. I loved the etagere and how they were using it at a bar/bookshelf/display case. Thus it became my dining room inspiration!
Apartment Therapy
And then I saw this one. And I knew I had to have this EXACT one. I did an image search on Google and found that it was made by Milo Baughman and can run from $500-$2000 online!

Emily Henderson

I ended up finding one on Craigslist up in LA. It was brass and I had chrome accents already in the dining room chairs and lamps. So I thought I would spray it chrome. Fortunately for me the woman sold it before I could get there to pick it up. I spent the next several hours kicking myself for not offering her more money, not being quick enough to email her, etc. It was a deep sadness for missing out on the PERFECT piece of furniture.

Thank goodness for the Craigslist App. I was laying on the couch wallowing in despair and decided to tweak my search criteria. It was listed as a "trophy case". And it was chrome. I emailed them immediately. It was the best fifty dollars I have ever spent. Granted it was in horrible condition. I spent 3 hours lovingly restoring it to it shiny chromeness. And here she is...
 I love, love, love it! The accessories are just the in the initial stages, I just threw what I had laying around. So far so good!

2 comments:

  1. Jungle boys is an award winning Marijuana brand from Los Angeles. The Jungle boys farm is an authorized and licenced kush grower and distributor.
    Jungle boys also comprise of a jungle boys clothing brand with fabrics such as hoodies, caps, t shirts and sucks.
    The Jungle boys kush strains are wwide spread across both sativa, hybrid and indica species. Jungle boys indica fire brands are usually recommended to patients with medical conditions such as insomnia.
    Jungle boys strains such as the Sin mints, Zack pie ,Jungle mints, Jungle boys,
    Jungle apples , Jungle boys frosted cake , Jungle boys hippy crasher and Motor breath are best sellers of the brand.
    buy Jungle boys online at wholesale prices from the Jungle boys farm.
    wifi cake
    wedding pie
    mac
    dosidos
    la cush cake
    wedding cake

    ReplyDelete