Sunday, November 7, 2010

Rookie Mistake

You know the old saying "measure twice, cut once" Well, I measured once, got excited, pulled out the drill and installed my new knob on my new nightstand.


And guess what? It's off by 3/4". Can you tell? I can, and it bugs me. I'm pretty easy going, but when it comes to design, I have serious OCD. Now every time I walk by, I look at that wonky knob and get frustrated.

I have thought about what options I have. I can try to fill the hole, paint and re-drill, however, the drawer is press board, so I am not sure that will work. Secondly, I could call the lovely 800 that came with the packaging and see if they can send me a new drawer front. Or I can just live with it, which
is probably what will happen considering it only cost me $35.00

Next up, pillows. I've ordered the fabric and having it sent to my mom's house... hee hee! Guess what we will be doing for the Thanksgiving holiday? And then onto lampshades. The cone shades on my lamps just won't due. They are begging for these.



1 comment:

  1. I'd call the 800 number because neither you nor I could live with that. You will see it EVERY TIME you even walk by without looking

    ReplyDelete